The New Ultimaker S5
Forward-thinking professionals all over the world, from designers to engineers to architects, discovered that the Ultimaker 3 is a powerful, low-cost solution that significantly streamlines production processes and concept development. Building on the capabilities of the Ultimaker 3, the Ultimaker S5 adds enhanced performance with a larger build volume, effortless operation, and unparalleled reliability.
Discover the easy-to-use desktop 3D printer with a large build volume that delivers accurate, industrial-grade parts, time and again. With simple setup, high uptime, and reliable dual extrusion, Ultimaker S5 is the complete professional 3D printing solution.
Think big, print bigger
With its bigger build volume, the Ultimaker S5 is designed for a reliable 3D printing experience at scale. For large, technical prints, Tough PLA material offers toughness similar to ABS with the simplicity of PLA.
Ultimaker materials are extensively tested to give the best results on the Ultimaker S5. And Ultimaker Cura software comes with preconfigured profiles, so you don’t need to spend time on complex slicing settings.
3D print everything from quick prototypes to complex, technical parts with Ultimaker’s range of build and support materials. And with an open filament system, you can also choose a custom material solution.
- Enhanced reliability – Active bed leveling ensures a perfect first layer, a closed front controls airflow, and a filament flow sensor will pause your print and notify you if you run out of material. Trust the S5 to do its job while you do yours.
- Bigger build volume – A build volume of 330 x 240 x 300 mm (13 x 9.4 x 11.8 inches) gives even more freedom to realize your designs or print multiple parts in one go, so you can meet demand with maximum efficiency, while fitting comfortably on your desk.
- Faster setup – With Ultimaker’s unique print core design, swap nozzles in seconds to switch between build and support materials, or choose from 0.8, 0.4, or 0.25 mm print cores for fast or detailed prints.
- Easy touch setup – A 4.7-inch (11.9 cm) touch display makes operating the 3D printer effortless, displaying visual guides to explain configuration changes and maintenance, plus a visual preview of your print.
- Designed to connect – The Ultimaker S5 auto-detects material and print core configuration, while over-the-air firmware upgrades make adding the latest features simple. Print over Wi-Fi, Ethernet, or from a USB stick, and monitor progress via the built-in camera.
- Build volume of 330 x 240 x 300 mm
- Layer resolution up to 0.25 mm nozzle: 150 – 60 micron; 0.4 mm nozzle: 200 – 20 micron,
0.8 mm nozzle: 600 – 20 micron.
- Print head – Dual-extrusion print head with an auto-nozzle lifting system and
swappable print cores
- Build speed <24 mm3
- Build plate temperature – 20 – 140 °C
- Feeder type – Dual-geared, abrasion-resistant